Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A little about me.

After being an avid reader of my friend Naima's blog on belly dance. I've often thought about writing a blog of my own. Her blog is so very interesting and entertaining; she is by far the most sarcastic and dryly humored belly dancer I know. I love it. I love reading about it. I love the little tid-bits of information she puts out there for all of us to feed on. So I decided to do the same; I'll share my experience, knowledge (although it is little haha) emotions and my story.



First, I'll start with Naima herself. I suppose you can say that we work together. Not in the 9-5 office sense, but in the performance sense. We've been dancing professionally together for, well... about 3 years now? Yeah, I think that's about right. I can't find any pictures of my first performance in March 2006 so here we are performing together at my second GREEK NIGHT in May 2006. And yes, we do ham it up like that at most events we do together :)

But Naima and I have known each other much longer than that... Since around the summer of 2003. I have some video on VHS of the first time I ever saw her dance... she lost her shoe and her recovery from it was HILARIOUS!

More to come later... did I mention that I'm a Suhaila Salimpour gal? Yep, I chat a lot about my experiences with her ass kicking format here too. Oh, and I have a very un-lady like habit of using 4 letter words... they are just about the best descriptives I know so that's just a heads up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment